LinkedIn Status is NOT the same as Facebook
It’s no secret that LinkedIn is a great way to connect with the business community. Also, it’s a great way to network when you are looking for a job. One way to continually keep your name in front of your connections is to update your LinkedIn status. However, all to often I see updates like “Going to a concert tonight,” or “Looking forward to the weekend.” Though it’s good to let people know that you are not just “all business,” is that really what you want your business connections to constantly see about you?
From his blog “Andy Robinson’s Career Success! Career Tip of the Day,” Andy gives 10 tips for updating your LinkedIn status with content that is professional and will show your connections that you are not just “looking forward to the weekend,” but a hardworking, expert in your field.
Here are a few of my favorite:
- Insert the title and a “shortened” URL link to one of your recent blog articles (bit.ly is a great resource for shortening URL’s)
- A link a newsworthy web posting or news item (include the title and a shortened URL). Alignment with your brand “voice” or area of specialty makes it more powerful. I like to focus on POSITIVE news as opposed to negative news
- A brief piece of advice relevant to your brand or area of specialty.
- A link to an article in which YOU were quoted (I give the title of the article and a shortened URL link to the article). This is a powerful PR and branding activity.
- Recent results and key activities at work. Something like “Just landed three new Executive Career Coaching clients this week; excited about launching those engagements!”
- Introducing: Performance Hub. @emotive_io new all-in-one dashboard for #ecommerce marketers! emotive.io/blog/how-to-bo… 2 months ago
- RT @jasonlk: Corporate VC isn't quite as panicked as VC Growth Investors are They are often doing just fine, and have cash on the balance… 2 months ago
- RT @DavidHartnett: "The diversity of local talent and #Atlanta’s positioning in the e-commerce industry attracted Emotive to the city" “I… 2 years ago
- Glad to be here! twitter.com/emotive_io/sta… 2 years ago